Prior to travel
Please complete the Professional Travel Request form which follows.
Documents Needed for Reimbursement:
Within 15 days of returning from travel
- Email your abstract (template follows) to your school’s PDAC email address: Arts and Sciences – firstname.lastname@example.org; Professional Studies – email@example.com; Technology and Design – firstname.lastname@example.org, using the PDAC abstract template found below.
- Submit your Expense Reimbursement form, PDAC award letter, Professional Travel Request form, original receipts on 8″ × 11″ paper or as electronic files, and supporting conference/workshop documentation which includes the dates and location, to the Dean’s Office for review. The Dean’s Office verifies the application is complete and then sends to the Associate Provost who submits the reimbursement request.
Once processed, you will receive an email confirmation and should pick up your reimbursement check at the City Tech Foundation Office, 16 Court Street, Suite 600, Monday – Friday, 9 am – 5 pm.
- PDAC Guidelines for Professional Travel
- Professional Travel Request form
- Expense Reimbursement form
- PDAC Abstract Template form
Note: On occasion, faculty members apply for PDAC funding for two or more trips in a semester, which are reviewed and approved by PDAC. Typically an award letter is issued for the earlier trip, so that reimbursement occurs as soon as possible. Any funds not used on the first trip can be reallocated to the second trip. Please contact AP Pamela Brown if you wish to apply unused funds to a second trip, email@example.com.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING TAX LEVY SUPPORTED PROFESSIONAL TRAVEL
Professional travel reimbursements for travel funded through the Dean’s Office are tax levy funds and processed through CUNYfirst. A module for reimbursement for travel is included in CUNYfirst but is only added to your roles upon request. If you do not have access to the Financial Chain / Travel and Expense module please complete the employee information, sign and send the entire CUNYfirst Travel and Expense access form to Namm 320, firstname.lastname@example.org. The form can be found at http://www.cuny.edu/about/administration/offices/CIS/security/cunyfirst/Travel-Expense_Security_Access_Form-revised-11-18-14.pdf
You must have an approved Travel Authorization.
Contact your school dean if you wish to request support not covered by other sources.
- If you received funding through the dean’s office apply for reimbursement in CUNYfirst following the instructions, “5 Steps to Enter Your Expenses.” Attach receipts for expenses not covered by other sources and documentation to verify the dates and location of the conference/workshop. It is suggested that you arrange any paper receipts on 8″ × 11″ paper and scan before attaching to the Expense Report.
If you decide not to travel, please cancel your Travel Authorization and email your school’s email address, subject: CANCEL so that the funds can be reallocated to other faculty members.
Travel Funds Documents
Updated as of 11/07/2016
- NYS Travel Manual
- 3 Steps to Create a Travel Authorization
- For chairs and supervisors: Guide to approvals
- For chairs: Approve a Travel Authorization or Expense Report
- Travel and Expenses Reference Guide
- 5 Steps to Create an Expense Report
- Steps to Create an Electronic Signature
- CUNYfirst Travel and Expenses Quick Card
- List of Department Liaison, Proxy Travel and Expense
- Choosing Expense Types
- List of International Country Codes