There’s still time to register for Living in Brooklyn: Housing along the Waterfront on Friday, April 12th.
BWRC’s full-day gathering will feature discussions on the future of affordable housing in Brooklyn’s waterfront neighborhoods. As housing costs increase and coastal fragility accelerates, Living in Brooklyn gathers a dynamic group of leaders to debate the critical questions: what bold policies and programs are needed to increase real affordability?
Featured panels include:
- New York City’s Affordable Housing Policies
- Affordable Housing Against the Odds: Innovative Approaches To Waterfront Development
- Preserving & Expanding Housing Affordability through Organizing
- Housing Resiliency: Strategies for Climate Readiness
- Jessica Yager, Vice President of Policy & Planning, Women in Need (WIN)
- Tom Angotti, Professor Emeritus, Hunter College (CUNY)
- Rona Reodica, Asst. Commissioner, Building & Land Development Service, NYC Department of Housing Preservation & Development
- Brenda Rosen, President & CEO, Breaking Ground
- Rachel Stein, Deputy Director, Sustainability & Resiliency, Center for New York City Neighborhoods