Call for Applications: Living Lab Gen Ed Seminar 2022
October 20 All day
The seminar is designed to make General Education more visible in our classrooms and courses. Participants will explore, implement, and assess a variety of teaching practices proven to engage students using one of the four general education student goals evaluated by the AIRE in 2022-2023 AY: Oral Communication; Quantitative Literacy; Reading; Writing.
A list of City Tech’s General Education learning goals can be found here: http://facultycommons.citytech.cuny.edu/index.php/gen-ed/
Participants in the Living Lab General Education Seminar commit to exploring innovative pedagogical approaches and incorporating what they have learned into their courses. Among the questions seminar participants consider are:
- What changes can we make to the student experience that will prepare our students to succeed at City Tech, while also supporting creative, original, and critical thinking through the use of high-impact educational practices?
- How can we use City Tech’s OpenLab, an open-source digital platform, to customize learning experiences for our students that will engage them in the intellectual fabric of our College and make their achievements visible to our own community and to the wider public?
- How can we use one of City Tech’s greatest assets — its location within the “living laboratory” of the downtown Brooklyn waterfront — to create hands-on, place-based learning opportunities with our students?
- How do we know our students are achieving the student learning outcomes of our course?
- Please also visit the Living Lab General Education Seminar site on OpenLab: https://openlab.citytech.cuny.edu/genedseminar/