- This event has passed.
Prepare to be an effective advisor! – Workshop 1
November 10, 2022 @ 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm
Did you know that once a student is enrolled at the college, advisement become the responsibility of faculty in the academic departments and programs? Find out how to support student academic and career goals through accurate empathetic advisement.
These workshops are designed for new faculty, but will be useful to anyone seeking a refresher.
Topics that will be covered:
- the role of the student and the role of faculty in the advisement process
- resources available for advisement (faculty and students)
- academic advising specific vocabulary
- CUNY Common Core, Liberal Arts, WI and ID requirements
- evaluation of degree audits at different stages of completion