Icon PDAC Travel Funds

Click here to apply for Spring 2018 PDAC professional travel funding.
Please review the PDAC guidelines for Professional Travel 2017-2018 before completing.
2017 – 2018 PDAC funding is generously supported by the City Tech Foundation

Prior to travel

Please complete the Professional Travel Request form which follows.

Documents Needed for Reimbursement:

Within 15 days of returning from travel

  • Email your abstract (template follows) to your school’s PDAC email address: Arts and Sciences – pdaca@citytech.cuny.edu; Professional Studies – pdacp@citytech.cuny.edu; Technology and Design – pdact@citytech.cuny.edu
  • Submit your Expense Reimbursement form, PDAC award letter, Professional Travel Request form, original receipts on 8×11 paper and supporting conference/workshop documentation which includes the dates and location, to the Dean’s Office for review.

Once processed, you will receive an email confirmation and should pick up your reimbursement check at the City Tech Foundation Office, 16 Court Street, Suite 600, Monday – Friday, 9 am – 5 pm.

Note: On occasion, faculty applies for PDAC funding for two or more trips in a semester, which are reviewed and approved by PDAC. Typically an award letter is issued for the earlier trip, so that reimbursement occurs as soon as possible. Any funds not used on the first trip can be reallocated to the second trip. Please contact AP Pamela Brown if you wish to apply unused funds to a second trip, pbrown@citytech.cuny.edu.


A module for reimbursement for travel is included in CUNYfirst but is only added to your roles upon request. If you do not have access to the Financial Chain / Travel and Expense module please complete the employee information, sign and send the entire CUNYfirst Travel and Expense access form to Namm 320, pbrown@citytech.cuny.edu. The form can be found at http://www.cuny.edu/about/administration/offices/CIS/security/cunyfirst/Travel-Expense_Security_Access_Form-revised-11-18-14.pdf

Before Travel

You must have an approved Travel Authorization.

Contact your school dean if you wish to request support not covered by other sources.

After Travel

  • If you received funding through the dean’s office apply for reimbursement in CUNYfirst following the instructions, “5 Steps to Enter Your Expenses.Attach receipts for expenses not covered by other sources and documentation to verify the dates and location of the conference/workshop. It is suggested that you arrange receipts on 8×11 paper and scan before attaching to the Expense Report.

If you decide not to travel, please cancel your Travel Authorization  and email your school’s email address, subject: CANCEL so that the funds can be reallocated to other faculty members.

Travel Funds Documents

Updated as of 11/07/2016