We are inviting CUNY colleagues to submit proposals for our annual Conference on Community College Excellence. The theme of this year’s conference is “Bridging the Gap: Evidence-based practices that lead to reflection, redesign, and transformation.” It will provide an opportunity for colleagues to present on research and activities that improve outcomes for our students by focusing on issues that impact student success, institutional capacity, and service.
Deadline to submit proposals: Sunday, November 13th, 2016.
Submit your proposal here.
Deadline to register: Sunday, December 18th, 2016. Register here.
The conference program will be based on six broad themes listed below.
- Best Practices in Partnering Programs with Pedagogy
- Aligning Support and Services to Ensure Student Success
- Transforming the Learning Experience
- Preparing our Incoming Students to Succeed
- Preparing our Students for Life After Graduation
- Using Data to Inform Improvement
Follow the submission link to learn more about detailed descriptions and sample areas under each theme and to complete a Proposal form. The form will contain specific information of the requirements and format of the proposal and the format of the presentations. Keep a look out for the conference agenda and updates later this Fall. We’ll be sending reminders as we get closer to this exciting event.