- This event has passed.
Call for Applicants: January Open Educational Practices Institute for Part-Time Faculty
November 29, 2022 All day
The O.E.R. Team at City Tech Library is seeking applications for the January Open Educational Practices Institute for Part-Time Faculty. (Chairs and full-time faculty, please recommend to your part-time colleagues!) The Institute provides training on using free and openly-licensed materials for courses and foregrounding student-centered pedagogical approaches.
More specifically, participants will learn and discuss:
- How to identify O.E.R. and other free and open resources
- How copyright, open licensing, and fair use works in the context of course materials
- How to make your course materials more accessible
- How to bring student-centered pedagogy into your open educational practices
As a culmination to the intensive, participants will redesign a class activity or assignment using free and open resources that incorporate student-centered pedagogical principles. To qualify as a zero-cost OER, faculty can select course materials that are:
- Open educational resources that are Creative Commons (openly) licensed, including, but not limited to, open textbooks
- Public domain materials
- Freely available web resources that do not violate copyright
- Library-licensed digital resources, including articles and eBooks
Part-time faculty members at City Tech in any discipline with an active appointment are eligible to apply.
Participants will be compensated with a $1000 stipend for a commitment of 18 hours of project work, including asynchronous and synchronous virtual training sessions. Participants will need to be available to attend all four synchronous sessions to receive the stipend. If you would like to apply but cannot attend all four sessions, we can discuss an alternative. The final project must be completed by Tuesday, February 14, 2023.
- Monday, January 9, 2023 – 10am-11:30am
- Thursday, January 12, 2023 – 10am-11:30am
- Tuesday, January 17, 2023 – 10am-11:30am
- Thursday, January 19, 2023 – 10am-12pm
Please fill out the application by November 29, 2022. If you have questions about the Institute or application process, please contact Cailean Cooney, Open Educational Resources Librarian at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about OER at City Tech.