Welcome to Faculty Commons
The Faculty Commons website is an important component that supports our role to harness the synergy of the City Tech faculty’s scholarship and pedagogy. Visit our e-Calendar of workshops and read creative and scholarly faculty initiatives at City Tech in Nucleus. We are at your service.
Visit us in Namm 227 when you are on campus.
- Peer Review Strategies that Keep the Focus on Better Teaching by Maryellen Weimer, PhD on May 24, 2017 at 4:07 am
The peer review processes for promotion and tenure and for continuing appointment provide committees with what’s needed to make overall […]
- Six Classroom Elements Learned from Zombie Films by Vincent Genareo, PhD on May 22, 2017 at 5:26 am
College courses, like movies, can inspire, entertain, shock, or repulse. Instructors produce, direct, and star in a series of semester-long scenes, […]
The Work Matters
- Teaching Strategy Tip #42
Statement of Academic Integrity Students and all others who work with information, ideas, texts, images, music, inventions, and other intellectual property owe […]
- Teaching Strategy Tip #41
Citation and Research Management Tools EasyBib A simple, easy-to-use tool for managing citations. Set up an account to save your work. Zotero Free Firefox […]
- Simulating Mother Nature by National Science Foundation on May 26, 2017 at 7:00 am
Full Text:When Mother Nature wields her fury through natural disasters such as tornadoes, hurricanes and earthquakes, weather forecasters and emergency […]
- Prince Rupert's Drops: Revealing a 400-year-old-mystery by National Science Foundation on May 26, 2017 at 7:00 am
Prince Rupert's Drops: Revealing a 400-year-old-mystery […]