Deadline: CUNY Research Scholars Program 2021-2022 Applications
September 24, 2021 All day
The CUNY Research Scholars Program provides a $4000 stipend ($1000 in Fall, $1000 in Spring and $2000 in Summer) for full-time students enrolled in Associate program or in Bachelor program with less than 50 credits for conducting research with a faculty member. Faculty mentors will also receive $1000 per student as summer salary in June 2022. The purpose of the program is to provide students with an opportunity to apply what was learned in the class room to discover new knowledge, to solve real-world problems and to develop professionally while working with faculty to advance scholarly endeavors. The program includes specially designed workshops for students offered by the Undergraduate Research Committee and participation in a biannual poster session. If there is a student that you would like to work with, please provide them with this information and encourage them to apply. This is an opportunity to advance your scholarship while providing valuable experience to a promising student. All participating faculty receive a certificate of appreciation. Please note all research activities in Fall 2021 will be done remotely.
Deadline: Friday, September 24th,2021
Part I can be found at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/EmergingScholars
Part II of the application is attached and include: (1) PREA (Pre-Research Experience Application), (2) CUNYfirst Expense Reimbursement form, (3) W-9, and (4) Unofficial copy of fall 2021 transcript.
- Students must attend the mandatory orientation meeting on Thursday,September 30th, 2021, from 1:00-2:00 PM (Online).
- All students must complete the Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) online training and submit their Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) certificate by Thursday, October 21st, 2021. More information on CITI training can be found at: https://www.citiprogram.org/
- Students must attend 4 workshops in fall 2021. Please visit http://www.citytech.cuny.edu/research/workshops.aspx.
- In collaboration with the faculty mentor, prepare a final abstract summarizing the accomplishments of the project. Mentors should proofread, edit, and student should upload it by Thursday, November 11th, 2021 at a Dropbox link provided in the attached Part II of application. Additionally, students should prepare their poster based on final results for a poster session event. The poster file must be uploaded to a Dropbox link by Wednesday, November 24th, 2021.
- Participate in the Honors and Research Scholars poster session on Wednesday and Thursday, December 1st and 2nd, 2021.
- Students participating in the Honors program and other research programs are not allowed to use the same topic for their CRSP research project.
Please ensure that these materials are submitted by Friday,September 24th, 2021 deadline. Please see attached Part II of application for more details and guideline. If multiple students are involved on a single project, then their expected individual contributions should be distinguished on each of the Pre-Research Applications.
For any questions regarding the application and the program please contact email@example.com