- This event has passed.
Spring 2021 Emerging Scholars Program
February 26, 2021 All day
The Emerging Scholars Program provides a $500 stipend for full-time students (enrolled for 12 or more credits) and a $250 stipend for part-time students (enrolled in 11 or fewer credits) for conducting research with a faculty member. The purpose of the program is to provide students with an opportunity to apply what was learned in the classroom to discover new knowledge, to solve real-world problems and to develop professionally while working with faculty to advance scholarly endeavors. The program includes specially designed workshops for students offered by the Undergraduate Research Committee and participation in a biannual poster session. If there is a student that you would like to work with, please provide them with this information and encourage them to apply. This is an opportunity to advance your scholarship while providing valuable experience to a promising student. All participating faculty receive a certificate of appreciation.
Please note all research activities in Spring 2021 will be done remotely.
Deadline: Friday, February 26, 2021
Part I can be found at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/EmergingScholars
Part II of the application includes: (1) PREA (Pre-Research Experience Application), (2) CUNYfirst Expense Reimbursement form, (3) W-9. Part II of the application is here: http://www.citytech.cuny.edu/research/docs/spring2021/ESP_Application_PartII.pdf (1) PREA – Must be completed electronically and signed by both the student and faculty mentor. (2) CUNYfirst Expense Reimbursement form – Students should clearly write their name, CUNYfirst ID, address, telephone number, City Tech email address and sign the form. (3) W-9 – Students should complete parts I and II and sign in part III- DO NOT INCLUDE THE SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER ON THE W9 FORM. (4) An unofficial copy of the student’s transcript, including spring 2021 registration.
- Students must attend the mandatory orientation meeting on Tuesday,March 2nd, 2021, from 1:00-2:00 PM (Online).
- All students must complete the Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) online training and submit their Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) certificate by Thursday, March 18th, 2021. More information on CITI training can be found at: https://www.citiprogram.org/
- Students must attend 4 workshops in spring 2021. Please visit http://www.citytech.cuny.edu/research/workshops.aspx.
- In collaboration with the faculty mentor, prepare a final abstract summarizing the accomplishments of the project. Mentors should proofread, edit, and student should upload it by Thursday, April 15th, 2021 at a Dropbox link provided in the attached Part II of application. Additionally, students should prepare their poster based on final results for a poster session event. The poster file must be uploaded to a Dropbox link by Tuesday, April 27th, 2021.
- Participate in the Honors and Research Scholars poster session on Wednesday and Thursday, May 5th and 6th, 2021.
- Students participating in the Honors program and other research programs are not allowed to use the same topic for their ESP research project.
Please ensure that these materials are submitted by Friday,February 26th,2021 deadline. Please see attached Part II of application for more details and guideline. If multiple students are involved on a single project, then their expected individual contributions should be distinguished on each of the Pre-Research Applications. For any questions regarding the application and the program please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://www.citytech.cuny.edu/research/. Thank you for your willingness to be a research mentor and for considering this opportunity for our students.