Teaching Portfolio 3-Day Workshop
May 31, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
The Professional Development Advisory Council (PDAC) will sponsor a three-day hands-on workshop for full-time faculty who will have the opportunity to work with Professor Janet Liou-Mark to create their Teaching Portfolios. City Tech’s Teaching Portfolio Workshop- based on the Peter Seldin model- is a dynamic, personal and goal-setting opportunity to challenge assumptions, provide a framework for reflection, and offer guidance about the process of teaching and learning in a collegial setting.
As a follow up to the workshop, Professors Paul King and Aida Egues, seasoned mentors in the Teaching Portfolio / PARSE process, offer one-on-one consultations.Contact them individually via campus email.
The workshop is limited to 10 participants from across the college.
- Create a teaching portfolio which can be included in your PARSE
- Reflect on teaching philosophies; articulate your own philosophy
- Identify your teaching methodologies and assessment strategies
- Organize your teaching materials
- Discuss how teaching in your discipline fosters concepts of General Education
- Discover interdisciplinary themes and how to integrate them into your practice
- Design an e-faculty portfolio; contact OpenLab for assistance (optional)
Please contact Julia Jordan, firstname.lastname@example.org or 718.260.5637
May 30, May 31 and June 4, 2018 from 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM*
Professor Janet Liou-Mark
Faculty Commons, Namm 227, Conference room
*on your own / brown bag is welcome
Registration is now closed!
For examples of Teaching Portfolios, please see Teaching Portfolio examples on the PARSE website.