Virtual Panel on Online Teaching Observations
October 19, 2020 @ 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm
The Office of Academic Affairs is excited to announce a virtual panel on Online Teaching Observations on October 19, 2020, from 3:00 P.M. to 4:00 P.M. ET. The objectives of the panel are to:
- Remind people about the parameters spelled out in the PSC agreement regarding online teaching observations;
- Share a variety of approaches to online teaching observations;
- Provide a high-level framework that can be contextualized based on campus, programs, etc.; and
- Discuss possible best practices and key takeaways.
The panel will feature the experiences of a number of your colleagues, including:
- Jennifer Sparrow, Associate Dean of Academic Affairs, CUNY School of Professional Studies.
- Carlos Guevara, Coordinator, Instructional Technology Department, Hostos Community College.
- Judith Cahn, Director of John Jay Online, John Jay College of Criminal Justice.
- Susan Ko, Associate Director, Faculty Development and Instructional Technology, Office of Online Education, Lehman College.
The panel will be held via Zoom. Please note that an RSVP is not required; simply use this link: https://cuny.zoom.us/j/82511482050 at the day and time of the event. Please note that the maximum number of participants is 1,000 and that entrance will be granted on a first-come-first-serve basis.
During the Q&A, the panelists will answers submitted by participants via a live chatbox.
We hope that you can share this with campus colleagues and join us for what is sure to be an informative panel.