- This event has passed.
City Tech Behavioral Intervention
April 20, 2017 @ 3:30 pm - 5:30 pm
Know Before You Need To Know
- Ever experience disruptions in the class?
- Need some guidance for classroom management?
- What if someone actually threatens another individual, or you?
- Unsure when to contact Public Safety, BIT? Or Both?
- Unsure if it is a Counseling or BIT referral?
- Need to know CUNY Policies and legal issues around disruptions?
- Unclear of the purpose and mission of City Tech Behavioral Intervention Team (BIT)?
Learn About Your College Resource*:
The Behavioral Intervention Team (BIT) at CityTech is available for faculty and staff. Please join us for more information and your questions.
*Colleges and Universities throughout the country started creating Behavioral Intervention Teams (BIT) as a way to monitor student behavior and provide campus protection and early intervention support services. BIT is comprised of key administrators and faculty that represent various areas of the college. BIT does not play a disciplinary role but rather acts as a screening committee. Their role is to review student behavior on campus that appears bizarre or destructive and if needed intervene for safety and support.
CityTech Behavioral Intervention Team:
Corie McCallum – Student Affairs
Efrin Maldonado – Public Safety
Lionel Presume – Public Safety
Aries Jones – Health/Wellness Center
Cindy Bink – Counseling Center
Shermira Busby – Workforce Development
John Currie – Accessibility Services
Justine Pawlukewicz – Faculty Representative
RSVP: BIT@citytech.cuny.edu and let us know you’re coming!