- This event has passed.
Apply to Demo at NYCML’19, NYC Media Lab’s Annual Summit
September 10, 2019
APPLY HERE: https://summit.nycmedialab.org/demo
Application Deadline: Tuesday, September 10, 2019
Event location: New York City College of Technology (CUNY) & NYU Tandon School of Engineering
NYC university faculty, students, recent alumni (December 2018-May 2019), and startups at a university incubator are eligible to apply. Applications are rolling until 100 demos are selected. Applying in early increases your chances.
About the opportunity:
· NYCML’19 will host 1,000+ senior executives, entrepreneurs and investors from media, retail, advertising, tech and more. Participating in the Demo Expo is a great way to get your work seen by the City’s corporate community, which has in the past led to networking, funding, internship and job opportunities.
· Participating means your project is automatically eligible to win $25,000 in awards
Styles of demos NYC Media Lab is looking for:
- Interactive demonstrations: working prototypes, concepts or design frameworks.
- Research posters
- Demos that utilize emerging tech: VR/AR, data science, AI, machine learning, voice interfaces, neural interfaces, computer vision, IoT, wireless, blockchain, cybersecurity, UI/UX and more.
- Startup decks or entrepreneurial concepts
If you are unable to demo, CUNY faculty, students, staff and recent alumni can register to attend the event at the Faculty/Student rate at 50% off ($15 per ticket). Use code CUNY19 at the Eventbrite page here for a ticket: nycml19.eventbrite.com