The Professional Development Advisory Council (PDAC) will sponsor a three-day hands-on intensive workshop for full-time faculty. You will have the guided opportunity to construct your Teaching Portfolio. City Tech’s Teaching Portfolio Workshop- based on the Peter Seldin model- is a dynamic, personal goal-setting opportunity to challenge assumptions, provide a framework for reflection, and offer guidance about the process of teaching and learning in a collegial setting.
The workshop is limited to 6 participants from across the college.
- Create a teaching portfolio which can be included in your PARSE
- Reflect on teaching philosophies; articulate your own philosophy
- Organize your teaching materials
- Discuss how teaching in your discipline fosters concepts of General Education
- Articulate your teaching methodologies
- Design an e-faculty portfolio; contact OpenLab for assistance (optional)
Please contact Julia Jordan, firstname.lastname@example.org or 718.260.5637
January 7, 8 and 9, 2019 from 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM*
Professor Julia Jordan
Faculty Commons, Namm 227, Conference room
*on your own / brown bag is welcome
Please email faculty commons
First come, first served basis; participation limited.
For examples of Teaching Portfolios, please see Teaching Portfolio examples on the PARSE website.