Welcome to Faculty Commons
The Faculty Commons website is an important component that supports our role to harness the synergy of the City Tech faculty’s scholarship and pedagogy. Visit our e-Calendar of workshops and read creative and scholarly faculty initiatives at City Tech in Nucleus. We are at your service.
Visit us in Namm 227 when you are on campus.
- First Day of Class Activities that Create a Climate for Learning by Maryellen Weimer, PhD on July 19, 2017 at 4:45 am
There’s no discounting the importance of the first day of class. What happens that day sets the tone for the rest of the course. Outlined below […]
- 10 Reasons to Visit Baltimore by Mary Bart on July 14, 2017 at 2:40 am
This October, the Teaching with Technology Conference heads to Baltimore, Maryland. With four preconference workshops, three plenary presentations, […]
The Work Matters
- Teaching Strategy Tip #42
Statement of Academic Integrity Students and all others who work with information, ideas, texts, images, music, inventions, and other intellectual property owe […]
- Teaching Strategy Tip #41
Citation and Research Management Tools EasyBib A simple, easy-to-use tool for managing citations. Set up an account to save your work. Zotero Free Firefox […]
- How do cells feel their surroundings? by National Science Foundation on July 19, 2017 at 7:00 am
Full Text:Researchers used computer modeling to show how cells can feel their way through their surroundings, important when, for example, a tumor cell […]
- The Discovery Files by National Science Foundation on July 19, 2017 at 7:00 am
Study finds birth method could play a role in how kids develo […]