Welcome to Faculty Commons
The Faculty Commons website is an important component that supports our role to harness the synergy of the City Tech faculty’s scholarship and pedagogy. Visit our e-Calendar of workshops and read creative and scholarly faculty initiatives at City Tech in Nucleus. We are at your service.
Visit us in Namm 227 when you are on campus.
- Ten Online Teaching Tips You May Not Have Heard by Noura Badawi, EdD on June 23, 2017 at 2:33 am
At a time when online institutions are in fierce competition for students and accreditation agencies are taking a critical look at online course […]
- Teaching Students Specific Skills by Maryellen Weimer, PhD on June 21, 2017 at 6:38 am
Preparing for a keynote at a polytechnic institute got me thinking about those readers who teach students how to do something, not something abstract […]
The Work Matters
- Teaching Strategy Tip #42
Statement of Academic Integrity Students and all others who work with information, ideas, texts, images, music, inventions, and other intellectual property owe […]
- Teaching Strategy Tip #41
Citation and Research Management Tools EasyBib A simple, easy-to-use tool for managing citations. Set up an account to save your work. Zotero Free Firefox […]
- New research leverages Big Data to predict severe weather by National Science Foundation on June 23, 2017 at 7:00 am
- A bird in the museum is worth 2 in the bush by National Science Foundation on June 23, 2017 at 7:00 am
Full Text:The oldest collegiate museum west of the Mississippi River has been accumulating research collections for nearly 160 years. One of its broadest […]